A visit to Gortatole is guaranteed to be fun, exciting, challenging and very rewarding for your young people. The programme will be tailored to suit your needs by professional staff working in consultation with you.
We offer a wide range of activity options:
Off-site, using Ireland's most bio-diverse landscape we offer:
- hill walks,
- forest walks,
- night walks,
- rock climbing,
- camping and
- field studies
On-site we have:
- both an indoor and an outdoor climbing wall,
- a high and low ropes course;
- our 65 acres of grounds and large sports hall provide a learning rich environments for team building activities and problem solving exercises as well as:
- night line,
- trim trail, and
- indoor ball games
At the waterfront we offer:
- rafting and
The Centre also has:
- a classroom,
- a field studies laboratory,
- a computer suite, and
- mathematics trails on campus aligned with programmes of study at KS2.
The Professional Staff are able to provide specific programmes to address 'A' level and GCSE coursework specifications for Physical Education and Environment and Society. These active learning experiences are relevant across many areas of learning and very effectively address all aspects of thinking skills and personal capabilities.
Please click here for more information on how to book Gortatole Outdoor Learning Centre.
If you have any questions or queries please contact us at: